TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - How much do you want to spend on your car?
People Seeking Info

Subject How much do you want to spend on your car?

Posted by Hipendicular on July 17, 2014 at 11:57 AM
  This message has been viewed 407 times.

In Reply To Haltec (and simular) vs. Nistune vs. ECU Chip posted by Jiro on July 16, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Message We can all talk about whats best you gotta factor in, is a Haltech worth the extra $$$ for your set up, and for most, i'm gonna say no.

Haltech is for guys that are running different or unique set up. I know one major point for the Haltech is if your running E85. Seb told me that you can run a sensor to the haltech that can detect just how much E85 you have and it will adjust accordingly. Where as if you run a chipped ECU, you will have to swap tunes, and when the E85 is mixed with 91, you have to run the 91 tune. Which kinda sucks..

Ken 91TT

P.s. When I was on stock turbos, Seb from SZ kept checking my tune with each round of mods. He kept saying that my "JWT" chip was good and that I didn't need a tune. It was only when I switched to 740 injectors that a dyno tune was needed. My car has always made more power than it should and I've tracked it many times. When it comes to advice, SZ are the guys.. when Seb says the car is good.. you know its good..

But as far as most are concerned, your 350Whp Z doesn't need a stand alone setup, in fact, I may go as far to say that you may have a harder time getting support for your stand alone set up vs a ECU and chip.

My 2 cents..

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.